Effective Date: January 1, 2006
What Types of Information Does S4 Collect From Me?
How and When Does S4 Collect This Information?
- Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you. As explained above, Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address..
- Non-Personal Information. We also collect "non-personal" information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your IP Address. This information ("Non-Personal Information") cannot be easily used to personally identify you.
How Does S4 Use My Information?
- Providing Information to Us. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us. For example, if you sign up as a member, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Communications With Us. If you communicate with us regarding the Web Site or the S4 Services, we will collect any information that you provide to us in any such communication.
- Analytic and Reporting Technologies. Like the operators of most web sites, we use analytic and reporting technologies to record Non-Personal Information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, and the dates and times that the Web Site and the S4 Services are accessed.
When Will S4 Disclose My Information to Third Parties?
- Personal Information. We use Personal Information primarily for our own internal purposes, such as maintaining, evaluating, and improving our Chapters. Similarly, if you sign up to receive a S4 newsletter, we will use the email address you provide to send you the newsletters.
- Non-Personal Information. We use non-personal information to track your use of the Web Site and the S4 Services and for other internal purposes.
Generally speaking, we do not intentionally disclose your information, except your name and school (if applicable), to third parties without your consent.
However we reserve the right to disclose some information because it is necessary to the operation and continued growth of our organization or to protect the rights of others. These instances are discussed below:
- Disclosure to Successors. We may disclose your Personal Information to any successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that acquires us. In the event S4 goes through a transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or by a notice on our Web Site of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may disclose your Personal Information to prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
- Disclosure to Third-Party Service Providers. We may contract with various third parties who help us provide and maintain the Web Site or the S4 Services. For example, we use a third-party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, or other operations. We will use reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. We will disclose Non-Personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, donors, and others. You may not "opt out" of the sharing of this information. However, it cannot be easily used to identify you personally.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the S4 Web Site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Web Site. Unless otherwise stated, we store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact our Customer Service department to request that we deactivate this information in our database. If the friend declines to join through the referral program, we will not initiate any further communications with him or her.
Your basic personal information, including name, school, and email may be accessible by other members (For example, other members in your chapter) or it may be listed on a rankings list. If this information is accessible, we will give you the option to "Opt-out" of sharing such information by either an opt-out function or by contacting us at email@example.com. However, you may not opt-out of having your name listed on the chapter list.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our donor form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What About Children's Privacy?
Under Thirteen: The S4 Services are intended for users ages 13 and older. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 13.
Thirteen to Seventeen: Prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 can only use the S4 Services under their parents' or legal guardian's supervision. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we delete any of your Personal Information in our database and/or opt-out from receiving communications from us. If you wish to do so, please contact us at the email address provided below.
Can I "Opt Out" From Receiving Communications From S4?
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you join as a member but do not wish to receive any newsletters from us, you can indicate your preference on our signup form.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer you an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications through your account management screen (http://www.secureourfuture.org/membership/).
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact email@example.com.
| ||Message from S4|
Officers and Staff
| ||Complete list of Schools|
| ||Jonathan Swanson|
| ||Patrick Wetherille|
| ||Contact Information|
| ||Press Information|
| ||Praise for S4|